Meeting the Needs of Cardholders in Challenging Times
These supports include:
*New – Reduced interest rate
Effective April 13, 2020, the interest rate has been reduced to 10.9% for up to six months when cardholders contact Collabria and request financial relief due to COVID-19.
Minimum payment deferral
Deferral of ‘minimum due’ payments and the promotional interest rate bundle can be approved for up to three months at a time for cardholders affected by COVID-19. Cardholders can call in after three months to extend to six months, if needed.
Increased ‘contactless’ transaction limits
Limits have been increased to $250 for all cardholders across all merchant (grocery, convenience stores and pharmacies) categories, wherever these merchants have enabled acceptance of higher contactless transactions.
Members can consider consolidating higher interest rate loans and credit card balances.
- Low Rate Product Acquisition Program – 3.9% balance transfer for six months on new accounts. Applies to new Centra, Classic and Student accounts until April 30, 2020.
- 5.9% balance transfers for a period of six months for all existing and new cardholders with business and personal accounts, beginning May 1 until July 31, 2020.
Unfortunately, reports of scams and fraudulent activities continue. Members should be vigilant. Know that Collabria Financial will never send emails asking for confidential information such as passwords, PINs or credit card numbers.
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the impacts of COVID-19, please call Collabria’s contact centre at 1-855-341-4643. The Collabria team will work with you to discuss how they may be able to help.
Like others, Collabria’s contact centres are receiving an unprecedented volume of calls from cardholders needing our assistance. One way to avoid longer wait times on the phone is to use MyCardInfo, an online credit card management tool for everyday activities. Visit www.collabriacreditcards.ca and select VantageOne Credit Union.
Everyday activities include:
- Activating a credit card
- Requesting a credit limit increase
- Viewing current balance and available credit
- Viewing an account online via eStatement
- Viewing card transaction history and pending transaction(s)
- Making one-time payments and setting up AutoPay
- Signing up for (paperless) eStatements
- Tracking, managing and redeeming rewards