There are many ways that you can bank with us, skip the drive and pay a bill online or keep those pajamas on and deposit a cheque with your phone from our app!
reCAPTCHA is coming soon to online banking and is a system designed to establish if the person trying to login to an account is a robot/computer or a human.
As the system starts out and learns patterns you may be asked to select common themes in images to login, like the screenshot below.
This verification process will appear less and less as it learns and will then only begin to show up if the system detects abnormalities, or non-human-like interactions. This extra layer of protection will help keep your account safer from computers trying to guess their way in.
Here are 5 tips to help you protect your personal information and accounts:
- DO NOT click on any links and reply to messages requesting personal information. NEVER enter your login information or password on a link you click from any text or email. Rather, enter it directly at the website address you are familiar with.
- Change your passwords and login credentials regularly. We recommend changing these account security features every three months.
- Create passwords and PINs that are complex. Never use easily identified passwords, such as sequential numbers (i.e 1234567, 1111111), your address, your date of birth or your phone number.
- Review your account activity regularly. If you see something unusual or suspicious, Contact us right away.
- Subscribe to VantageOne’s Mobile Banking alerts via text or email. You can choose to receive a text or email (or both) anytime your online account is accessed, your login password is changed and or there is other account activity. See the list of options and set up alerts through Online Banking – Alerts.
Example of what reCAPTHCA looks like:
For our members safety our Main, Okanagan Landing & North Vernon Branches will be closing their ATM vestibules when the branches close.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.