For Immediate Release
Donate to VantageOne’s BC Flood Appeal
November 24, 2021 – As community-based financial institutions with deep roots in the areas we serve, credit unions have a long history of coming together to support Canadian communities. Recently, a severe storm occurred, resulting in flooding, landslides, mudslides, power outages and other incidents across the South Coastal and Interior regions of British Columbia. With relief and recovery efforts now underway in the province, VantageOne Credit Union and credit unions across Canada have come together to support the Canadian Red Cross and those who were impacted by the flooding in southern BC. Credit union members are encouraged to donate today by visiting https://bit.ly/CUs4BCFlood.
The Canadian Red Cross is working to get help to people in and around affected areas as quickly as possible and provide humanitarian assistance for new needs as they arise. Money raised will enable the Red Cross to carry out relief, recovery, resiliency and risk reduction activities in and beyond the region at the individual and community levels.
“In times like these, we remind ourselves that we are friends, family, neighbours and community partners. Our communities are ultimately stronger when we come together to support each other. On behalf of VantageOne Credit Union we would like to extend our deepest gratitude for your generous donations,” Glenn Benischek, President and Chief Executive Officer of VantageOne Credit Union.
About VantageOne Credit Union
As a community-based credit union, we are owned by our members and operated by people who live here and are deeply invested in our communities. Our history as a credit union reaches all the way back to 1944 when we opened our first branch in Vernon. Since that time, we’re proud to have become a vital part of the local economy, offering services through four branch locations including Peachland, Armstrong, Edgewood and Vernon.
To learn more about VantageOne and services offered through our business lines: Consumer & Commercial Banking Services, Wealth Management and Leasing Solutions, please visit www.vantageone.net
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Glenn Benischek, President and Chief Executive Officer
Black Friday is just around the corner and it’s a day of sales and shopping, that while fun and exciting, can lead to some serious debt!
Below are some tips to help you navigate Black Friday shopping this year:
1. Set a budget
If you plan on shopping this Black Friday, then you should absolutely have a budget before you hit the first store—online or in person. A budget is a plan for your money, and stepping into one of the biggest sale days of the year without a spending plan could spell disaster. Check out our VantageOne Simple Budget Plan for some assistance in planning your budget.
2. Do your research
Once you’ve set how much you’ll spend, it’s time to do some research. Thinking ahead will help you prioritize your spending. But remember, time is money, meaning the amount of time you spend researching also comes at a cost and can add up to much more than any of the deals you get. But do make sure you have a sense of where the best deals are so you can hit fewer stops, or websites—and avoid overspending. Check out flyers, websites and coupon/deal sites to see what is out there.
3. Only buy what you need
This might seem like common sense, but a lot of people get sucked in by the sales and make the common mistake of overbuying. What might seem like a good idea in December becomes an awful idea when the bills Simply put, don’t buy stuff you have no need for and you can’t afford.
4. Shop Online
Again, your time is money! You can avoid the large crowds and long waits in line by shopping online. Plus you will save on parking, gas, and other miscellaneous expenses that may come up through a long day of shopping like eating out or buying things you didn’t plan on buying. Remember to watch for free shipping codes or online discounts before you complete your purchase.
5. Put your savings…into savings!
Saved $40 on that appliance or 50% off a big purchase? Consider putting some of the cash you saved into a savings account for next year’s Black Friday. Example – saved $100 on an electronic, put that full $100 or even $50 of the savings into an account for the future.
Just relax and remember…this is just stuff. Ask yourself this question: In a couple of years from now, will I even remember what I saved or what I bought, is it that important to me? Better yet, will the person you’re gifting this item, still be using it?
It’s important to keep a healthy perspective and mindset. If you don’t get that crazy deal or television or game console, it’s not the end of the world! Don’t get so caught up in shopping and finding a deal that you lose sight of WHY you’re shopping and giving in the first place!
Have fun out there and shop smart!
Referrals = Rewards for current members!
Current members can earn $50 per successful referral, up to a maximum of $250*!
How does it work?
- – Visit a branch or call us to get added to our Member Referral Tracker
- – Ask us for some member referral cards to give to your friends (or print one off here – Refer Your Friends & Earn Cash! Printable Form)
- – Give the completed referral card to your friend and have them bring it to the account opening appointment.
- Note: they must present the referral card or provide our staff with your full contact details at the time of the account opening
How do you get paid?
- – If the friend you refer completes the New Member Welcome Bonus step one within 60 days, you will have your $50 deposited into your account within two weeks from the requirements being met.
*Terms & Requirements
- – Offer is valid for successful account openings only. New members must reach all requirements in step 1, in order to trigger the referral bonus to you. Learn more about the New Member Welcome Bonus here.
- – Offer ends March 1, 2022. Accounts must be opened on or before March 1, 2022, at the end of the business day to qualify.
- – This offer is for a limited time only and is subject to change at any time.
Visit us in branch or contact us to learn more!
New members can earn up to a $200 Welcome Bonus!
How does it work?
- Meet the requirement in the 1st Tier and earn $100. (Note: All Tier 1 must be met first before moving to Tier 2)
- Meet the requirements in the 2nd Tier to earn the second $100, for a grand total of $200.
1st Tier = $100 – Both items required from this list:
- – One or more auto credit (Payroll, pension, etc)
- – One pre-approved debit
2nd Tier = earn the second $100, for the full $200 bonus – one item required from this list:
- – Overdraft
- – LOC
- – Mortgage
- – Term deposit or investment (VOF investment as well)
- – Registered Product (TFSA/RSP/RIF/RDSP/RESP)
- – Collabria credit card
Eligibility Requirements & Further Details
- – Meet minimum standards to open an account with VantageOne
- – New to us – no previous membership with VantageOne in the last 3 years
- – Age 19 years and older
- – $25 Equity fund deposit required
- – 6-month hold on bonus deposit(s)
- – One bonus per household
- – Program ends on March 1, 2022
- – Account must be opened on or before March 1, 2022 by the end of the business day in order to qualify
Contact us today to book an appointment!