Important News & Updates
- Connect with our Solutions Centre on the phone, email on online through EasyConnect – Learn more here.
- Read the latest message and update from our CEO here.
- July 23, 2020 – Main Building Exterior Update – as a reminder, we will be doing an update to the exterior of our administration building in downtown Vernon to remove the failing tiles. This work will start in late July we will maintain access to our ATM’s, Night Deposit and entrances and exits to the building while this work goes on.
Main branch teller and cash services will remain closed until further notice. Our commercial services and consumer account managers are available at this location Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm by appointment only. Contact Us
- VantageOne Support Program for Members, Businesses & Lessees
We are here to help, and we know that our members need us now more than ever. Learn more about our support programs including consumer loan and mortgage payment deferrals.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) Update
July 22 CEBA Update: Applications are now open. learn more
- 2020 RRIF Minimum Amount Changes
On March 18, 2020 Justin Trudeau, announced a set of economic measures as part of the Government of Canada’s Covid-19 Economic Response Plan. That statement included proposed changes to the calculation of the 2020 required minimum withdrawal for registered retirement income funds (RRIF). Learn More
- Collabria Cardholder Support Update – COVID-19
New financial supports we now have in place for our cardholders include:
- *New – Reduced Interest Rate
Effective April 13, 2020, the interest rate has been reduced to 10.9% for up to six months when cardholders contact Collabria and request financial relief due to COVID-19
- Minimum Payment Deferrals for cardholders impacted by COVID-19. Payment deferrals can be requested on a month by month basis (for up to 6 months).
- For Canadians stuck outside Canada and trying to get home, we can provide emergency credit limit increases to cover airfare, car rentals, food, shelter, medical supplies, medications and other expenses.
- Increased Contactless Payments to $250 for Grocery & Convenience Stores and Pharmacies
- *New – Reduced Interest Rate
- CERB and EI Double Payments
Follow this link for further information if you received payments from the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and Employment Insurance.
- CRA Direct Deposit Enrollment
Get your benefit payments and tax refunds faster. Sign up for CRA Direct Deposit. A fast, convenient and secure way to get your CRA payments directly into your account. Learn more
At VantageOne Credit Union, we want you to know that the health and safety of our members, staff and community are top priority. Above are resources in the tabs for our members and businesses and below are answers to some frequently asked questions:
1.) How are you cleaning your offices and branch locations?
In line with recommendations from Health Canada and WorkSafeBC, we are taking precautionary steps and we have increased the amount and depth of our cleaning measures. This includes frequent and daily cleanings of all “high touch/traffic” areas, ATMs and work stations. We have placed floor markers to ensure appropriate distancing in branch and installed plexi-glass barriers at our reception and teller desks.
To learn more about our preventative cleaning measures, please read our latest COVID-19 Member Update.
2.) Can I visit any branch for banking assistance?
At this time, we are recommending that members call our Solutions Centre BEFORE coming into a branch for assistance, as they may be able to help you and save you the trip! Our branches are currently operating with restricted access and reduced hours and our Account Managers are meeting with members by telephone appointment only. Updated Branch Hours Our Vernon Main Branch downtown location, will remain closed at this time.
3.) How can I prepare for my next branch visit?
During this unprecedented time, we realize that our members need us now more than ever for advice and support regarding their financial well-being. Currently, our branches are open (except for our downtown location) with reduced hours and our staff are here to assist you online and on the phone. Our Account Managers are available by telephone appointment only.
It is important to note that when visiting for teller services , our staff will be asking you these questions before allowing access to the branch:
- Have you traveled outside of Canada, including the U.S., within the last 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any cold or flu symptoms?
- Have you been exposed to anyone that has been confirmed to have or is being tested for the COVID-19 Virus?
If you answer YES, to any one of these questions, we will be asking to conduct an appointment with you over the telephone instead of in person, at the branch.
If you answer NO, to any of the questions above, we will continue to assist you. Please be assured that our offices are being cleaned ahead of member appointments as well as after.
4.) How is social distancing being applied in the branches?
We have advised staff and posted member notices that while in branch, everyone is asked to adhere to the following Physical/Social Distancing Protocol as set forth by various health organizations across Canada which includes:
- Refrain from person to person contact including no handshakes or hugs
- Please use our hand sanitizing stations upon entering and exiting
- Avoid touching your face and cover coughs and sneezes with your arm
- Maintain a 1-2 meter distance between yourself and other members in line, as well as with our staff
- We installed social distancing reminder floor decals and plexi-glass barriers at our teller wickets and reception desks
5.) I don’t want to visit the branch, how can I bank remotely?
For members that wish to minimize their public exposure, we offer digital banking services available 24/7 including online and mobile banking, smartphone apps and Interac® e-transfers. Whether you need to deposit a cheque, transfer funds between accounts, check your balance, and pay a bill, VantageOne’s mobile apps and online banking give you the flexibility and convenience to bank from your home.
You can also reach our Solutions Centre for assistance and banking over the telephone at:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 3:00 pm Saturday
Our mobile and online banking solutions are available to you anytime and from anywhere – 24/7.
6.) How can I support local businesses in our communities?
VantageOne is also proud to support and partner with the Peachland Chamber of Commerce for their local gift card purchase program to support Peachland businesses in these unprecedented times. Learn more
We continue to encourage our members, staff and communities to support each other. Thank you to the Vernon Chamber of Commerce for these suggestions:
- Buy gift certificates from your favourite restaurant, shop, barber, etc. This an easy way to help businesses financially now, while saving for the future.
- Inquire about delivery options from business or through a local courier.
- Buy goods such as food, cleaning supplies, and pharmacy items from a local manufacturer or supplier.
- Reach out to the local business directly and see if they have any innovative ways to provide their products or services.
7. Be aware of COVID-19 email, telephone and other scams.
As the situation with COVID-19 evolves it is important that we all remain vigilant in protecting ourselves against fraud. Here are some tips and best practices to consider:
- Be wary of suspicious emails – Do not open attachments or click on embedded links in emails that you do not trust. By opening an attachment or clicking on an embedded link you could unknowingly download malicious software onto your device. The Canadian Bankers Association is also cautioning against email scams related to COVID-19.
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre – Stay up to date on information about COVID-19 scams impacting Canadians at this time.