March 30, 2020
To The Members of VantageOne,
As we all have seen, the past month has brought us unprecedented change. We are greatly appreciative to our staff who have risen to the challenges and changes as we moved along and to our members who have been patient and understanding. As the pandemic continues, I provide the following important updates:
- Keeping Our People Safe Remains the Number One Priority – the safety of our members and our staff is of utmost importance. As a result, we have taken a number of initiatives to ensure the safety of our staff in delivering services for members who may have to visit our locations. We will continue to monitor and follow recommendations to ensure the delivery of services in a safe and effective way. We appreciate member understanding when we address cleaning activities or request that you use technology to communicate.
- We are Here for You – we get questioned on if we are closing, but you can be assured we will not be closing, we will be here for you! Our in-person services are being reduced to ensure safety; however, our telephone and online services will remain open and available. We are monitoring staffing of our Solutions Centre to ensure we have the staff in place to respond to your calls in a timely manner, so if you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 250-545-9251 or toll-free at 1.888.339.8328.
- Here to Help you with your Loans – we are seeing unprecedented business closures and job loss in our society. As a credit union we are local and uniquely set up to be able to respond to your challenges. We are offering many options at VantageOne from loan deferrals, interest-only payments and other strategies to help our members get through this. In addition, we are working with government and government agencies on the programs and systems that are being put in place. We encourage you to reach out to one of our Consumer or Commercial Account Managers who can assist you through this time.
Learn more about VantageOne Support Programs for members, businesses and lessees.
- Annual General Meeting Delayed – we will be delaying our Annual General Meeting that was scheduled for early May. We are hoping to be able to hold the AGM in June; however, it will be dependent on the status of the pandemic. The next plan would be to hold the meeting in the fall and might include virtual meeting options if required.
- Reminder that Access to Your Money is Safe – we remain committed to providing access to your money whether through a branch, ATM, telephone or online. Our systems are not impacted by the virus outbreak, they are functioning properly and will be available when you need funds.
In this time of challenge, I also want to share some good news stories of members helping members and members learning easy new ways to deal with us, examples that we truly are STRONGER TOGETHER:
- Member Helping Member — An elderly member was at our main branch in downtown Vernon not aware the branch was closed and our other two branches in Vernon were open. Another member offered to drive them to the other branch and bring them back. Amazing support member to member!
- Member Learning a New Way to Bank — An 82-year-old member came into the branch to pay two bills, that is all she needed. We told her she could do this from home; however, she didn’t want to use a computer. This isn’t a problem; all she needs to do is call our Solutions Centre and we can do these bill payments by a person right over the phone! She was thrilled that she didn’t need to use a computer and she didn’t need to leave her place to pay her bills – which was a big relief.
These remain challenging times; we will get through this and your credit union is here and able to provide support. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to implement response programs and always remember – We Are Stronger Together!
Be Safe Everyone,
President and Chief Executive Officer
March 19, 2020
To The Members of VantageOne,
We are in exceptional times with a virus Pandemic not experienced in our modern history. There are a lot of unknowns as we move forward; however, we are confident in the management of our government leaders and health experts that we will be able to minimize the impact and move past this virus outbreak. Given this, we need to all remain calm and work together as we experience things we have never experienced before – We are stronger together! Some information to share as we go through this is as follows:
- Keeping Our People Safe – the safety of our members and our staff are of utmost importance. As a result, we have taken a number of initiatives to ensure the safety of our staff in delivering services for members who may have to visit our locations. We will continue to monitor and follow recommendations to ensure the delivery of services in a safe and effective way. We appreciate member understanding when we address cleaning activities or request using technology to communicate. Learn more about our precautions here.
- Your Money is Safe – the security and soundness of the credit union is something we have always been dedicated to. At VantageOne Credit Union, depositors are 100% protected by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia. Learn more here: https://www.cudicbc.ca In addition, our capital base remains strong and we are well-positioned to deal with this pandemic situation.
- Access to Your Money is Safe – we remain committed to providing access to your money whether through a branch, ATM, telephone or online. Our systems are not impacted by the virus outbreak, they are functioning properly and will be available when you need funds. Any questions please contact us at 250-545-9251 or toll-free at 1.888.339.8328.
- Access to our Expertise is Safe – our members count on us for our expert advice and financial direction. We are implementing telephone interviews and new technologies should members wish to video chat with our experts. We remain committed to being here for you during this very challenging time.
- Support from us is Safe – there are many government programs now available through these challenging times and we are here, ready and able to work with you on any financial challenges you are going through. Please check out our web page https://www.vantageone.net/covid-19-resources-for-members-businesses/ providing information for both consumers and businesses on what is available and we will be updating this as new programs or information become available.
These are very challenging times; your credit union is here to support all our people through this and appreciate your calm and understanding as we implement response programs and always remember – We Are Stronger Together!
President and Chief Executive Officer